Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It's the most wonderful time of the year, and it has been the most wonderful holiday season I have ever had.  I am not even sure where to begin to sum it all up, but here it goes....

-Spent the night at Dick's house in Waverly
-taught my water aerobics class at The W
-Did a quarter mile of burpees
-had a Christmas party at Joe's in Waverly with my classes from Waverly and Cedar Falls I used to teach
-Spent the night with the Morlan's and had a really fun sleepover
-had an ugly sweater party with good friends and baked all day
-went to Prairie Lakes Church and saw good friends
-had Christmas with the Trask family
-Had a relaxing week at work
-Got a promotion at my 6 month review at work
-had two snow days so ended up with a week off for Christmas
-Nate and I had our first Christmas together
-Had Christmas with Nate's Dad's side of the family
-Saw Lora and her family and went to the Christmas service at her church
-went to dinner in Stone City with Lora and her family
-Christmas Eve with Nate's mom, Stacie, Tom, and his brother Nik and his wife, Kate
-Nate bought me a Garmin for Christmas so I have been out on a run every day so far this Christmas break!

That is a summary of what I have done for this holiday, but I am sure I am leaving some things out. I have gotten to spend time with a lot of people I really care about, and spread my love!  The service at church last night was about spreading your joy- like the ball inside of a bell- let it ring!  Nate turned to me and said 'if you were a bell, you would have at least two balls inside of you!' hehehe He is right because I am just so happy I cannot contain myself! It really has been the best Christmas ever!  I know this can be a hard time for many people, and I have been in that spot myself, but if you can stop and change your perspective, you can make any Christmas--or any other time as well--the best you have ever had.

Thank you to everyone who came to Joe's last week to see me.  I plan to do that every year because you all are my family, and I care about each of you so much.  I appreciate everyone who has kept in contact with me. It means a lot!

Now, I am off to make more Christmas traditions with the love my life, Nate (and Oscar too of course!). Merry Christmas to everyone! Give everything you can to make this the best Christmas you have ever had, and let your bell ring!







No comments:

Post a Comment