Thursday, November 29, 2012

It is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I LOVE Christmas! It really is the most wonderful time of the year. Everyone's attention gets directed to everyone else around them. We look for gifts for those closest to us, we volunteer more, and we give more to charity or those in need.  That is why I love Christmas so much. I wish our minds could work like that all year long.  The decorations, the hustle and bustle, and the music make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. It makes me so happy! Each year, I have done something a little different for Christmas, so I am always reminded of the wonderful memories. I have spent time with many different families over the years who have been so kind and loving to me. This year will be different because I will be starting traditions with Nate that will continue for years and years!  I have wanted for so long to have my own family to share my love of Christmas with. Not just for one year, but forever. We already had a perfect Thanksgiving together with his mom, Tom, and his brother and wife in Okoboji. We got to visit his Grandma in the nursing home she lives in, and she was so happy to see us. We relaxed, went for runs and worked out together, made candies, went out to eat, and watched football. It was the perfect weekend!  Nate and I put up a Christmas tree at his place and at my place. I started a tradition of buying him an ornament, and I will continue this each year.  We watched the Christmas movie Elf last night, and he bought the Home Alone movies for us to watch. We drank egg nog and listened to Christmas music.  These are just a few of the little things that make me so happy and I want to continue forever! I LOVE Christmas!!! I hope you do too and can see all the wonderful things that come a long with it. Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment