Monday, November 5, 2012

The world is a wild place!

I will for sure be voting tomorrow, and I hope you plan on voting as well. Melissa said she was giving up facebook for the week because she did not want to read everyone's opinions about politics this week. I think that is a great idea, and I plan on staying clear of the news feed tomorrow. I understand everyone has an opinion, but if you don't have anything nice to say, you really should keep it to yourself or vent to someone close to you if you need to get it out.  I want to remain positive during this time. At church, we prayed for both candidates. Not just one. I know that whoever wins is who God has planned to be president. I know no matter what happens, it will all work out in the end. It always does. So, that is all I have to say about that. I hope you try to stay positive and trust that everything will be okay.

It is also a stressful time with everything going on around the East Coast. It really is a crazy world right now. It puts things in perspective for me when I think I am having a bad day. We have it made. It is so easy to take things for granted each day, so I try to write down at least 3 things I am thankful for each day. I don't necessarly write them down everyday, but I do think about them when I am spending time in reflection. We have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my career, I have the best man in the world as my boyfriend, and I have the best girl friend in the world. I have a beautiful apartment all to myself and the cutest little puppy. I have lots of family and friends who support me and love me no matter what. The list is endless!!

I am thankful my foot is getting better!  I went on an hour walk on Thursday, I worked out hard and jumped around a lot on Saturday, walked an hour on Sunday and Monday. It seems to be doing okay! It is kind of sore right now, but I will take some ibuprofen and ice it, and it usually calms down. Nate and I are going to swim in the morning, so I that will be nice to give it a break as well. I am going to give it about another week or two with consistent no-pain, order some new shoes, and then try to run again. Oh my gosh, I will cry when I get to run again!!!

Melissa came to stay with me all weekend, and we had the best time together. It was so nice to relax. We worked out together, and we walked around downtown Madison and did some day drinking together. We were in bed by 8:00! We slept in, and then we went to church and she left. It was the perfect weekend together! I love her so much. I am so grateful to have her. Our friendship is certainly something special.

Nate and I finally got some time together on Sunday as well. He had to go to Miami and then to Cinncinati for work last week, so I had only seen him for lunch once in a week and a half! I missed him so much, but it only makes me fall more in love with him when he is gone and appreciate the time we do have together. Our relationship, just like Melissa and I's is also certainly something special. Like I said, I am so thankful! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

I have to get going to train some people. Mondays are always busy because everyone wants to work out after the weekend!  Remember to stay positive during this election, and don't forget all the wonderful things around you to be thankful for. Stop and actually think about it. Your list will get really long!


1 comment:

  1. I really like your comment about how you know who ever wins the presidency you know God meant for them to win. Great post.

    ReplyDelete