Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sticking with it! & the holidays are here!


How are you doing today?  I am feeling inspired, happy, joyful, and thankful. I am inspired by the people around me, challenging me to be better. I am happy the sun is out today. I had a very blissful ride into work on my bike this afternoon (I work 1:00-8:30 today). I had the lake to my right, the capitol to the front, clear blue skies, and the sun shining upon me. I am joyful because I have everything I need and am at peace. As I have mentioned before, I have seriously struggled with anxiety/depression. As I continute to reflect each day and spend time in prayer and meditation, I am progressively fighting it. Slowing developing new habits and following a plan has kept me on track to keeping that peace inside every day. Bad energy and events can be happening around me, and I can look inside and find that peace. I stop, take a deep breath. Inhale...calm and relaxed...exhale..smile :)

Being a personal trainer and working with a wide range of clientle, I have had to study different forms of motivation and adherence. I have also had to practice it myself. From lots of trial and error, I have found the most effective way to stay with something and reach your goals is to:
1. Most importantly, you have to want it bad enough. You have to turn that switch on mentally to go after your goals. Your perspective will keep you on track. You might face times when it is harder than others, but you have to fight through and always remind yourself of your goals.
2. Make a plan and WRITE it down. Your goals mean nothing if you just speak them outloud. They will get lost. Write it down, and put it somewhere where you can see it on a regular basis.
3. Make big goals, but make a plan that include very small goals to get there.
4. Only change one thing at a time and give 100% of your attention to that thing. Give it at least 21 days to instill in you as a new habit. This is key. ONE thing at a time.

I am sharing this because it has taken me 2 years of 100% focus on improving myself into the person I want to be. I will always continue to improve, but to really find that inner peace that cannot be shaken. These are the tools I have used myself and that have also worked with many of my clients. I hope they can help you as well in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. November 18th will be my 2 year anniversary, which is coming up on Sunday. I have thought a lot about whether I wanted to share my store to explain why it is my 2 year anniversary on here or not, and I have decided that I do. I will write that story in Sunday's blog. A lot of you who read this already know, but a lot of you don't know. My hopes are to inspire each person who reads it. Stay tuned!

Nate and I already celebrated one Thanksgiving this past weekend with his Dad's side of the family. We stayed in Marion on Saturday night with his mom and Tom, her boyfriend. We had dinner and hung out with them and his brother, Nik and wife, Kate. We then went downtown Cedar Rapids to meet our friend Zack at a new bar. It was so much fun to catch up with family and friends. Above is a picture at that bar on Saturday night. On Sunday, we had a Thanksgiving get-together with his Dad's side. I had not met a lot of them, and they were all really great!  I love how I fit in with everyone. It feels so natural when I am with anyone in his family. I feel really lucky to be included in it!  We had a great car ride home together, where we talked the entrie time. We don't just sit and talk for a 2 and a half hour time frame very often, so it was really nice. We talked about work, our goals, past relationships, and our relationship. Our relationship is pretty damn amazing!! Just sayin!!

That's all I have for today. Stay tuned Sunday for a story that will be very hard and emtional for me to write, but it will be worth sharing it. Have a happy, healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment