Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Maybe Someday...

Maybe someday... maybe someday I will start a savings account. Maybe someday I will volunteer. Maybe someday I will start working out. Maybe someday I will start eating healthy. Maybe someday I will buy a house. Maybe someday I will visit that friend I haven't seen in a long time.  Are you a maybe someday person? Have you heard yourself say these words?  I was at church on Sunday, and this was part of the message. I know I am guilty of it. We have to stop saying maybe someday and go out there and do something. Set a goal and take one step each day/week/month/year to reach that goal. Write it down. Put it somewhere you can see it because a goal is just a dream until you write it down and give it a deadline. Nate and I took the time to do this together, and my motivation increased dramatically. I cannot function without a goal, no matter how large or small it is. This week, my goal is to spend 10 hours in the pool. My best friend, Melissa is going to run 75 miles this week. These are big goals, but by speaking them outloud and setting a deadline, they are going to get accomplished. They don't always have to be exercise goals, but that is just an example. What small goal can you set today to take a step towards your larger goals? Have you written your goals down and set a deadline for them? DO IT!

I had a great weekend this past weekend in Cedar Falls. I came back to go to my good friend, Megan's wedding shower and bachlorette party. It was so great to be a part of her day because I am unable to make it to her wedding. I also got to visit a lot of other people while I was in town too. Nate came with me, so he met a lot of very important people in my life, and they of course loved him!  He is pretty loveable! We didn't get home until 8:00 on Sunday night, so it felt like the weekend went by so fast. We talked the entire 3 hours home. We have the best conversations about life, and I am so glad I found a best friend to call my boyfriend. I love our lives together :)

Well, I have to get going so I can spend 2 hours in the pool again today then head to work! I hope you all set a goal today, write it down, tell someone, and go out there and get it done!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment