Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Be a kid again

What is your favorite thing to do for exercise? Do you enjoy your work outs, or do you have to force yourself to do them? It is important to find something that you truly enjoy. Yes, you do have to do some things you don't want to when you set big goals, but to remain active all your life, you have to keep it fun. That is what we did when we were little kids. We didn't even realize we were exercising because we were having fun. Instead of meeting a friend for lunch, meet a friend for a walk. Get a group together to play a game. Capture the flag is a fun one! (ooo, that is a good idea--I want to do that now!) Nate and I have been playing sand volleyball with a group of people on Saturdays. I love triathlons. Swimming, biking, and running don't always feel like work outs to me because I enjoy doing them. Be a little kid again, and make it fun somehow! Some would say I act like a little kid all the time, and I would agree. Children view the world in such an innocent way. They don't worry about what others think about them, and they will tell you like it is. They take value in little things and are entertained easily. So...my challenge for you is to not only act like a little kid with your work outs but to act like a little kid all day! Let loose and be excited! Be happy! Find joy and entertainment in the small things! Jump up and down and say WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You write just like you talk!! Love it!!
    Roma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - this post is SO you! I love reading your blog and seeing your personality completely shine through!! :)

    PS i'm working out & eating well...thanks for the all inspiration!

    ReplyDelete