Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Timing is everything

It finally rained, well, it actually stormed here last night. The grass is so happy! It is finally turning green. I broke out my mountain bike today so my road bike wouldn't get dirty and rode through all the puddles. It was so fun! I hurt my foot, so I haven't ran for almost two weeks on Thursday. I have been swimming, biking, and lifting. It has been nice to give my body a break from running, but I am ready to get back at it again. I am pretty certain it is a stress fracture, so I am going to give it one more week off. It has gotten a lot better, but since I am on my feet a lot at work, it will hurt by the end of the day. I am registered for the Chicago marathon, and I really wanted to run to see how fast I could do it. I have only ran marathons to finish, not for time. It looks like I might have to run this one for fun too-if I even get to run it. This will be my last marathon! I am going back to the shorter stuff that I am good at- 5ks and sprint tris. Maybe some 10ks or half marathons. Marathons are so hard on your body, and I need to listen to what my body is telling me. It has gotten to the point where those long runs (15-20 miles) are not fun anymore because it hurts my knees, back, feet, etc. so much. I will do this one more and call it good! I am much more competitve at the shorter distances, so I will focus on those and tear it up! Nate is on RAGBRAI right now, and it is so hot out! I am proud of him for doing the entire week. I am going to do it next year with him. I have missed him so much, and we still have to go 4 more days :( Tomorrow is his birthday, and I don't get to be with him! Booooo! It has been good to be apart for this time because I needed to get back into a routiene of doing the things I did before-for me. I wasn't taking as much quiet time as I was before, and I was beginning to notice the difference in my life with out it. I will definitley keep this up when he gets back. Finding balance between my time and couple time is a tricky one to master, but I am getting there. I want to be with him 100% of the time, but I know I need to take time for myself too. I will be able to give more to him and everyone else around me when I do that. Being in Cedar Falls by myself last weekend and this week so far have put me in a really good spot. I am not sure what it was about my trip back home, but it gave me 100% certainty that I am not suppose to be there. I love Cedar Falls so much, and it will always be home, but I thought to myself several times "I am really glad I don't live here anymore." It is nice having a fresh start in Madison at a really great time in my life. Cedar Falls has so many memories-good and bad-that I am reminded of all the time. Here in Madison, I truly only see today and live for today, with goals for the future in mind. Timing is everything, and everything came at the perfect time! It has been a really hard transition, but it has been the best transition I have ever made in my life! Life is good :) I hope yours is too! And if it isn't, only YOU have the power to change that! Get er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment