Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday America!

Hello Friends! I have been busy moving, working, celebrating, etc. so I have not written a blog in a while. I am back now, and I am officially settled into Madison! It was a very smooth move, and I had such wonderful people helping me. I appreciate them greatly. It has been a hard couple of days because it has finally hit me that I really did move away. Away from a wonderful city filled with many wonderful people who treated me so well. My roots will always be in Cedar Falls, and I miss everyone so much. At the same time, I am looking forward to meeting many more people and touching lives in Madison. Transitions are hard and bring many emotions to the surface. Dealing with change is something we all need to be able to do because it happens so much. Our lives never turn out how we picture them, so you have to be adaptable to go with whatever comes your way. That is how I got to where I am now. I kept following the promptings I was given. Sometimes they are scary and make us uneasy, but give it time, and you will see exactly why you were suppose to follow what you were given. I may act like things are easy or seem happy all the time, but it isn't easy. I wake up every day and I CHOOSE to be happy and optimistic. Some days are a whole heck of a lot harder than others, but you fight the negative thoughts, emotions, etc., and you tackle the day! I hope every one has a safe holiday. Make sure you wear sunscreen and drink lots of water (in between beers of course ;)) I taught a class this morning and got a run in on the treadmill. Nate and I are going to get some lunch and head to Devil's Lake for the day. Happy Birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment