Thursday, July 19, 2012

Life updates

I am not doing so well at blogging! I have been busy at work and still loving it! I have finally gotten into a pretty good routiene. Trying to make that happen and get caught up financially has been keeping me busy. I took a trip to Apple River with a group of friends this past weekend. That was a blast! We camped, tubed down the river, and relaxed. It is Thursday, and I just now feel like I have caught up on my sleep from not sleeping during that trip much. Sleep is so important. It affects my entire mood and day. It is just as important as getting a good work out in. My goal next week is to get 7-8 hours every night. I know I will feel so much better doing that. Another thing I have been working on is eating slower. I am always in a hurry to get from here to there, so this week, I have been forcing myself to slow down. It makes it much more enjoyable and satisfying. I am more in tune with my hunger cues. So...you should try it! Sleep more (increase your nightly sleep by a half hour to start with) and slow down at meals. These small improvements with make a HUGE difference in your health. I am heading to Cedar Falls this weekend, and I am really looking forward to spending time with friends. I am helping at barbecue-loo downtown Waterloo serving food and drinks on Saturday, so if any of you are around and reading this, I will be there at 3:30 until whenever. Stop on by! Nate will be leaving tomorrow to go on RAGBRAI for the whole week with his mom and brother. I wish I was going with, but I am definitley going to next year! I am really going to miss him. I miss him during the day when we are both at work, so this is going to be ridiculous! His birthday is while he is gone too, so I am for sure spoiling him when he gets home next Saturday. I have made a good friend named Pauline here, and she is a doll! She watched Oscar for me last weekend when I was at Apple River, and she had so much fun with him. She works out at Pinnacle and comes to my classes. We have hung out quite a bit, and she has done all she can to make me feel welcome here. It is wonderful to find people like that! I know her and I are going to be friends for a long time! That is all I have for now. Have a wonderful Thursday to all!

1 comment: