Friday, September 28, 2012

Let's Play!!

Happy Friday everyone!  It has been a great week since I last wrote. I have been reflecting on my life each day and growing every time I do it.  The weather has been absolutley gorgeous, and the leaves are changing the most beautiful colors.  Sipping on a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate is so blissfull this time of year. Oh, and honey crisp apples! Heaven!  These things might be simple and small, but they never go unnoticed. I love appreciating the little things in life. They are what make life worth living. As I have written before, it is  how a child would think. They get excited about the smallest things, and they are not complicated. They are straight-forward and see things for as simple as they are. Life doesn't have to be so damn complicated, right?! Right!  I bought a coloring book and new crayons last weekend, and some might think that is silly, but I get so excited to color a picture, and it makes me so relaxed I could fall asleep while doing it. What is something you could do that is "child-like" that would make you feel this way? Break out of your shell, and try something like coloring in a coloring book. Maybe you could go to a park and slide down a slide. Don't hold back--do it, and you'll see what I am talking about!

I am done working at 1:30 today, and I am going to go home for a small nap and then enjoy the outdoors with Oscar a little. A friend of mine invited me to a happy hour downtown, so I may go to that. Then, Nate and I are going to play catch with the football he just bought. We played the other night, and it was so much fun. I can't wait to again!  Tomorrow, we are going on the "happy ride" in Illinois. It is a fun bike ride with a group that Nate rode with for RAGBRAI. His mom and mom's boyfriend will be there too, and I have missed them so am looking forward to seeing them. We are camping in tents at night, and then coming back Sunday. Probably going to watch some football and cook up my food for the week. I love it!

Happy Friday! Do something fun today. Act like a little kid. Try something new. Don't pass by the little things. DO IT!!

1 comment:

  1. I for one enjoy riding around on my Razor scooter to grab some food downtown or just on a fun date to enjoy the scenery. I actually have bought paper and crayons in the last month for a date, so I know what you mean by how much fun it is to just color for the sake of coloring. :) Tip: don't go cheap on the crayons!! Crayola FTW!

    Question: Is Heidi the Jordy Nelson as Nate is to Aaron Rogers? #CatchinTDs #AllDay

    Inspiring words Heidi, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete