Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Home is what you make it. Family is who you make it.

Madison is beginning to feel more and more like home each day. Establishing roots is the only way to make this happen. You can be happy anywhere if you take the effort to reach out and make wherever you are home. I am taking a class at church called Starting Point which just started this past Sunday. It is a place to meet new people at church, to learn more about what they believe, and to see where you fit in best to volunteer or join a small group. They have groups called Life Groups which are made up of around 10 people. They meet once a week to talk about the message from each Sunday and to grow together as friends/family. I am really looking forward to joining a group and connecting with others in the community.  I also 'adopted' one of my clients as my Grandma, and I am going to spend some time with her this afternoon. You can call anywhere your home, and you can make any one your family! It is also a wonderful time of year with it being fall. I absolutley love this weather and the crisp air! I took a long bike ride on a beautiful trail yesterday out into the country. It was so peaceful riding out there and smelling 'fall', my favorite scent.

Nate and I went to Chicago to a Cubs game this past weekend. I can't believe all the fun adventures we get to go on! We will have our date night tomorrow, and this weekend, we are going to go mountain biking with another couple. I have a dinner date with my friend, Lyndsey, as long as her sister doesn't go into labor before then, on Friday. She watched Oscar for me while we went to Chicago, and she also has two dogs, so it will be fun to have a dinner/doggie date!

Work is going awesome! I love Pinnacle. It is such a great company, and for once, I have one job and see a bright future with it. I am looking forward to what it will bring for my growth in my career and as an individual. It feels more like a family there rather than a gym. I feel pretty darn lucky to leave work every day saying "I love my job!"  If you even want to call it a job--I would call it more of a hobby that I get paid for :)

Hope everyone is having a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment