Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm back!

I haven't written in a while. It isn't because I haven't had time or haven't wanted to. I wasn't feeling inspired, so I have held off. I have had a hard past couple weeks with anxiety/depression/being home sick. Anxiety and Depression is something I have had to deal with my whole life. I unfortunately inherited it from my family, but I know that and have learned to deal with it.  I was so busy before I moved: working 60-70 hours a week and only have 4 days off a month. I have so much more free time now and every weekend off, so I actually have time to myself to think and feel.  This is a good thing because I am learning so much about myself. Another reason why moving to Madison was a perfect decision at the perfect time in my life. I can't stress enough how important it is to slow down your life. Take time to reflect and think each day. If you don't, you will be setting yourself up for a melt down later because you are bottling all your feelings up inside. I have been dealing with these the past few weeks, but as hard as it has been, it has been wonderful! This is why I have not written. I wasn't feeling like myself (thankfull, I do now!), and I like to keep my blogs as positive as possible. Out of every situation--both good and bad--you can always find the positive. ALWAYS.

Updates: I went to my first Badger game where they played UNI. I traded sides for the day and sat in the Badger student section and wore my Badger shirt! How dare me!! It was so much fun. My friends Katie and Heath came to stay for that weekend and Nate went too. Our friends Skyler and Karch came that night and stayed until Labor Day. We had a crazy and weird weekend, so we like to say! We went out at night, went to Taste of Madison, toured the capitol, went to the union terrace, saw a boat parade and fireworks and went to the game! Great weekend!

This past weekend, I went to Cedar Falls. I took my friend, Lyndsey, who comes to my bootcamp class at Pinnacle. She ran her first race, and she has had mono for the past few months! I was so proud of her. My client and friend, Megan, also ran her first half marathon--wow!! I couldn't be more proud of these two girls. I was able to stay with Megan for 6 miles in the beginning and the last mile at the end to cheer her on. She was on top of the world when she finished! I hope she never forgets that day and that she can do anything!

I came back that night and spent the evening cooking with Nate. We went to bed early so we could get up early the next day to see the start of Ironman. It was so surreal watching it because I feel like I did it just last month, and it has already been a year! It brought back so many great memories. It is who I am today. I am an Ironman. I will always be an Ironman. No one will ever be able to take that away from me. Ironman saved my life and brought me to the most amazing place, amazing job, and amazing man. That decision changed my entire life. So, as you can see, it was very surreal watching that and reflecting on this past year!  After we saw the start of the swim and bike, we took off for Green Bay to go to the Packers and 49ers game (Packers=Nate's favorite team. 49ers=my favorite team). Nate got the tickets for me--what a great guy! It was my first NFL game, and I got to see my favorite team win! They played so well!  We tailgated and walked around before the game and as always, had such a great time together. Nate was also sweet enough to drive home so I could sleep, as he knew I had to be up at 5am the next morning for work. What a guy! 

That is a quick recap of what has been going on in my life. I will try a lot harder to write more frequently because it is hard for me to keep in contact with everyone back in Iowa, so this works well to update everyone! Please email me or call me anytime. I love hearing from everyone. I hope some how my life inspires you in some way. That is my goal of writing! 

Love,
Heidi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment