Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thought for the day: Your power works best in weakness

"My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness. So now, I am glad to boast about my weaknessess, so that the power of Christ can work through me. For when I am weak, then I am strong." -2 Corinthians 12:9

I love this verse. We are made strong in our weakness. It is when we are torn down and weak that we gain the most strength. Hardships and troubled times are put into our lives to make us stronger. We learn the most about ourselves when we are going through something hard. Be thankful and boast in your weaknesses because you are only becoming stronger because of them.

I have a split shift at work on Wednesdays which I LOVE. I worked from 5:30-11 this morning, and I have to go back from 5-7:30 tonight. I spend my afternoons working out, showering, eating lunch, napping, and I go to a coffee shop close to my house to plan work outs for my clients for the week. Then, on Wednesday nights, Nate and I have date night because it is one of two nights we get to see each other during the week. Thursday used to be my favorite day, but I think Wednesdays might be now! 

Good news! I ran this morning! My foot is SLOWLY getting better. I was only going to go 10 minutes, and I made it 17! YAHOOOO!!!!! It is a little sore now, but I know it is getting better each day! Plantar fascitis is the worst injury! It takes so long to go away! It has been a good thing for me though because it has forced me not to run. I have been running for a long time, and I would have never taken this much time off willingly. I think my body needed a break from it, and I will be even stronger when I get back at it. I have been swimming, biking, and doing lots of strength training, so I actually feel like I am in better shape than I have ever been! I have really been watching my nutrition, and in the past month, I have lost 6.5 inches total. I use the app: myfitnesspal to log my food and exercise each day. It has been so great for me to do this. I think everyone should. You need to know what you are putting in your body each day, otherwise, you don't think about it and those pounds slowly creep up on you. 

Happy hump day to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment