Saturday, June 16, 2012

Everyday is a vacation!

Everyday here feels like a vacation! Even when I'm at work because it is so fun and I love it. I'm off work at 1:30 on Fridays, so I spent the day exploring. After work, I went and signed the lease on my new place. This is the first time I have signed a lease by myself, without a roommate. Definitely a proud moment in my life. It reminded me of the day I bought my first car when I was 15 years old. I saved all my money from a paper route and waitressing so I could get a car to drive on my school permit-another proud day in my life. After I signed the lease, I wanted to celebrate, so I went to state street and had a beer on a patio, then went to the union memorial terrace. This is a spectacular place. Local bands and musicians play every day along the lake. You can enjoy a beer on the patio, on a picnic table, or on one of the many docks. I decided to lay out on a dock. My ironman tattoo made me some new friends. A guy and a girl named Scott and Kami saw my tattoo and asked if I was an iron-woman, and we started talking and ended up exchanging numbers. Scott was going to go for a swim and asked me to join so I I did. We ended up going about a half hour. It was very refreshing, as it was a hot day. I then rode my bike back to Nate's where we got ready and went back down to state street to enjoy Ian's pizza and beers at the Capitol Brewery. We admired the Capitol up close as it was glowing in the night. It is beautiful; something a picture cannot capture. We slept in until 9:30 today. I didn't feel very well when I woke up, so Nate took care of me and made me breakfast! It was delicious! I went down to the farmer's market and bought some yummy local produce, got the rest of my groceries at the store, and baked and cooked all day. I think I walk around smiling constantly. I love it here. Make an effort to make everyday feel like a vacation. Don't miss out on the little things that make life wonderful. If you don't feel this way, change your perspective. Always focus on the positive, don't dwell on the past or focus on the future. Live for today, or you will miss out on this wonderful thing we call life!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Isn't that such a wonderful feeling?! It's my first time living without a roommate as well. I finally feel like I'm "home" again. Everything around me is all mine, and I get to decorate and arrange things as I please. I can pick things up when I want to, not because I feel bad if something's in my roommate's way. I still feel like my place is surreal. :)

    ReplyDelete