Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Never. Ever. Settle. Ever.

Why should we settle for anything less than what we truly deserve?  Why should we settle for being average?  We shouldn't, and you don't have to! Make that your decision today. You will never settle. One of my devotions this week was about developing your strengths rather than focusing on your weaknesses.  We stress so much about getting better at the things we aren't good at, when we should be perfecting our strengths.  We all have strengths and weaknesses, and this world was made for each person's to be different. We work together with our strengths.  Take some time to reflect on what yours are and steps you can take to become even stronger in that area.  It will make the world a better place, and don't you dare settle for anything less than your best.  I was sitting at church one day in high school when a guest speaker (who never met me in my life) stopped in the middle of his sermon, walked over and sat by me, and said to me "You are a jewel and you are to never settle for second best."  Then, he got up and proceeded with his sermon. I will never forget those words, and I to this day, won't settle. It takes time and lots of hard work to get what you want in life, but if you take it little by little, one day at a time, and never give up, I promise you it will happen.

1 comment:

  1. When you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for! :) love this!

    ReplyDelete