Monday, June 25, 2012

It is becoming reality

A few more days, and I will have the keys to my new place. I think it hasn't really sunk in that I am going to be here forever because 90% of my belongings are still in Cedar Falls. I will be heading back on Friday afternoon to stay the night and pack up the next day. My best friend, Melissa, is riding back to Madison with me to stay the night! I miss her soooo much and am really looking forward to seeing her and showing her where I live! AND I will have Oscar back too!! I miss him soooo much! I had another great weekend in Mad-town. Nate and I had a date night on Friday. We went to dinner then spent some time at home talking about our relationship which I believe is a healthy thing for all couples to do. Boys and girls are just so stinkin' different! We should all take time to talk about each other's wants/needs. I feel like it brought us a step closer together. On Saturday, I had my first long run of my marathon training (Chicago marathon in October). I did 10 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes, and then spent about an hour playing sand volleyball with some people that Nate knew. That night, I met a new friend for dinner and some drinks. It is so wonderful how kind people in Madison are. Everyone I have met seems like the kind of person that you have known forever. I love that. Everyone in Madison is working towards the common goal of having a great community. They are trustworthy people who would do anything for anyone--even if they didn't know them. If I asked someone on the street to help me with something, I know they would. It is pretty neat here! On Sunday, Nate and I went to the pool and relaxed all day. I went to a church that I think is going to be where I end up going. It surprises me how fast I found a church because that is a hard thing to find! It is just another reassurance that I am suppose to be here. Everything has been so easy and has happened without even trying. I feel at "home" already, even though Iowa will always truly be my home! Have an amazing Monday, everyone and remember not to settle for anything less than your best today.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy reading this!! You have it made so far it seems. Awesome to hear!

    ReplyDelete